Employment Opportunity - PR and Communications Intern
Position location: St. Rose Convent
We are seeking a PR and Communications Intern to join our highly creative and busy communications team. This 15-20 hour per week internship is perfect for someone who loves variety and learning new things. You will support content creation efforts, including writing, editing and posting news releases and stories. You’ll work collaboratively with a team to develop new strategies for sharing accolades, research media coverage and industry trends, identify content for web-exclusive stories and create social media plans.
We are seeking someone who:
- is pursuing a two- or four-year degree and considering the public relations, journalism or communications field, focusing on content creation as a potential career or has equivalent experience,
- has a solid understanding of computer software to include MS Office, content management systems, database management and is familiar with social media channels. Beginner knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Canva and is preferred,
- has formal writing experience; knowledge of Associated Press style is also preferred,
- has an interest news media and coordinating news stories and sharing media coverage and
- has a creative spirit and strong interpersonal relational skills.
- an appreciative and collaborative work environment,
- an opportunity to explore the nonprofit work environment,
- the opportunity to be challenged by our commitment to continuing education and discovery and
- $15 per hour.
- In our office, located inside St. Rose Convent, with some remote work options after your first two months. The length of the internship is open.
- A flexible schedule that can be adjusted during final exam weeks and other times directly related to school. Expect occasional evening and weekend event coverage.
If you are looking for new work experience, we’d love to meet you! Please include a writing sample.
Resumes and samples may also be sent to:
Deb Scoville, HR Director, St. Rose Convent, 912 Market St., La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: 608-791-5261 | Fax: 608-782-6301 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org