Employment Opportunity - Garden Coordinator
Position location: St. Rose Convent and Villa St. Joseph
We are looking for someone who likes to get their hands dirty and teach people how to do the same. In this role you will not only play in soil but you will also manage and coordinate the FSPA garden, greenhouse and orchard integral ecology projects on the FSPA land on St Joseph Ridge. The FSPA garden, greenhouse and orchard integral ecology projects are a model of sustainability where FSPA shares best practices for growing food and connecting people and planet.
*FSPA acknowledges that St. Rose Convent and the FSPA land on St. Joseph Ridge occupies the ancestral and traditional land of the Sauk and Meskwaki, Ochethi Sawkowin and Ho-Chunk peoples.
We need someone who embraces integral ecology and wishes to instill an awareness and practiced attention to the many ways our care for creation, care for the poor and lived experience of our spiritual life are intimately intertwined. You should also have:
- B.S in Biology, Community Health, Horticulture and or Education with prior experience in growing food and knowledge of organic gardening practices.
- Preference given to candidates with experience coordinating, managing, and supervising groups of K-12, university or other volunteers and having an understanding and commitment to Franciscan values and the FSPA land ethics principles.
- Appreciation of Franciscan values and be willing to learn and teach others.
- Understanding of organic garden, greenhouse and orchard practices and regenerative land conservation practices.
- Demonstrated collaborative managerial/leadership abilities in supervising, planning, organizing, administration, and community relations.
- an appreciative and collaborative work environment,
- an opportunity to raise awareness of sustainable and regenerative land practices,
- a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as a full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, PTO, and 403(b) and
- relocation assistance.
Come join the FSPA mission and ministry! Click here to view the full job description.
Resumes may also be sent to Deb Scoville, HR Director, St. Rose Convent, 912 Market St., La Crosse, WI 54601. Phone: 608-791-5261 | Fax: 608-782-6301 | Email: email@example.com