Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration
was founded May 28, 1849.
May 28, 2019
Celebration Event Recap
Click the image above to watch News8000's celebration coverage.
Our anniversary celebration opened with Mass in Mary of the Angels Chapel,
with Archbishop Jerome Listecki presiding.
Following Mass, guests enjoyed tours and an adoration hour.
Chapel Tours and Open House
Our foundresses prayed that if granted adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, they would build a chapel as beautiful as means would allow. Mary of the Angels Chapel was dedicated in 1906. Our open house included an opportunity to view historic displays. Learn more about our chapel tours.
Perpetual Adoration began 140 years ago, Aug. 1, 1878. Guests shared in this sacred tradition as we gathered in Mary of the Angels Chapel for a community-wide adoration hour. Join us for adoration M-F, 8 - 4 p.m.
(check in at our reception desk at the 920 Market Street entrance).